Mouse connectivity site down?

Hi, I’m having problems accessing the mouse connectivity data. I tried different computers and different browsers. Any idea if anything wrong with the database?

Hi @sebneuro: I quickly checked the main link for the Allen Mouse Connectivity Atlas (http://connectivity.brain-map.org/) and don’t see any obvious issues. Can you provide some more specific links where you are running into trouble and if I can reproduce them, then I will pass it along to the appropriate people immediately. Thank you!

Hi @sebneuro. If you haven’t already, please try clearing your cache (although I see that you have already tried multiple browsers). The website is working for me today but I have had sporadic problems lately. Let us know if you still can’t resolve the issue!

thanks for the replies. More specifically I cannot access experiments involving basolateral amydala. When typing and selecting BLA in the Filter Source Structure(s) it just keeps “thinking” without loading the available experiments. When I search for central amygdala, I can see the available experiments but once I select one and click “view selection” a new windows pops that also simply keeps forever loading without accessing the data.
I tried cleaning the browsing data but didnt help.
Thanks again for helping out.

Hi there, just to say that today I’m working on this data without issues. All systems back to normal.
Thanks again for the prompt replies

Thanks @sebneuro for this question and thanks all for the replies. I kept searching, I kept trying to find the solution to the problem, I browsed through books, websites and I finally solved this problem.

Hi team, the site seems to be really spotty this week. I was hoping to use this with my class but about 2/3 of students could not get any type of search to resolve. They cleared their caches and tried on different browsers, to no avail. Unclear why this is working on some students computers, but not others. A bit late for us (we changed course) but I wanted to let you know!

Hi Ashley

Thanks for letting us know. There were some issues earlier this week with one of the backend services that powers the Connectivity Atlas. That may be related to the problems that your students were experiencing. Still, it is strange that some would have the problem and others would not. I will report this to our Systems Administration team so they can monitor for any further technical problems on the backend of the system.

Best regards,
Wayne

Hi @wayne, I am having this issue tonight in Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 and Safari Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610). On connectivity.brain-map.org landing page, experiments do not load. Then when I type a search criteria in the box, the search hangs. “Browse the Data” links also generate infinite searches and no results. This is different from the sporadic outages I have seen occasionally in the past.
Thanks!
Jen

I have the same issue. Updated Firefox, tried different browsers and did not help either. It has been like that for last few days

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles accessing the website. We will look into the problem and try to get it fixed.

Best regards,
Wayne

The Connectivity Atlas is up again. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Initial investigation suggests that some users image-scraping the site caused the problem. Just a reminder that an API is available for accessing the data in a way that will not detrimentally affect other users of this service.

1 Like