How do I change the default timeout time for an Ecephysprojectcache object (Neuropixels dataset)

I am working with the Neuropixels dataset and the Ecephysprojectcache class. I am attempting to download the data from the sessions using the method get_session_data, but my download continues to timeout mid-download and produces the error message “Timeout: Download took 600.033632457 seconds, but timeout was set to 600”. I am wondering if there is a way to change the default timeout value to something greater than 600 to allow the download to continue. So far I have found this documentation, allensdk.brain_observatory.ecephys.ecephys_project_api.http_engine — Allen SDK dev documentation, but am unaware on how to use it to change the timeout value. Any help is appreciated.

Hi @vmg55
What version of the AllenSDK are you using? There was an issue fixed a while back. It may help to upgrade to the latest version which is 2.10.2.

If that still does not work, can you provide additional details about your work environment, such as the OS, RAM, CPU, network bandwidth, etc?

Thanks,
Wayne