Accessing frames for natural_movie_shuffled in Neuropixel data

Hello,
I am working with the Neuropixel data, and the “Functional Connectivity” experiment paradigm. In that, there is a block of 10 minutes, where the “natural_movie_shuffled” is presented. I was curious about

1. how the shuffled frames were obtained, and if the same shuffled frames were presented in all experiments, or different shuffles were obtained on each day?
  2. Since there were 20 repeats, were all these 20 repeats the same “movie” or was each presentation different?
    In trying to access the .nwb file (for example session -778240327), I see the “frame” entry inside “/intervals/natural_movie_one_shuffled_presentations” to simply increase from 0 to 900, which I assume is just the frame number for the presentation, and does not reflect frameIDs with respect to the original video. I want to access the information of what visual cue/frame was present at each time point.
    I tried the idea from this link , but it did not work since, I assume that was for the calcium imaging experiments, where the shuffled movies were not presented.
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Chinmay

Hi Chinmay,

The shuffled movie was created once by randomly permuting the frames in “Natural Movie One.” So the movie is identical for each repeat, and for each session.

The original movie is not available through the AllenSDK, but I can send it to you if you’d like.

Josh

Hi Josh,
Thank you again for your prompt reply. Yes, please that would be great if you could send me that video/frame stack for the same. My email is chinmay.purandare@gmail.com .
Thanks again,
Chinmay

Hi, Josh,

I also need to access the shuffled movie for my research. Could you please send me the shuffled movie or frame data corresponding to the original one? My email is joshuayanginf@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Joshua

Just sent it!

Hi Josh,

Thanks for lending a hand on this. I would like the movie frames for the shuffled presentation as well. You can email me at awilliams@flatironinstitute.org

Thanks again,

– Alex

Sorry for missing this earlier, I just sent it!

Hi Josh, I recently encountered the same issue. Could you also send me (cyusi@ucsd.edu) the movie frames for the shuffled stimulus? Thanks in advance.

Yusi

Just sent it!

Hi Josh,

Could you also send me the movie frames for the shuffled natural movie? (L.Meyerolbersleben@campus.lmu.de)

Thank you very much, best wishes,
Lukas

Sent!

Hi Josh,

Could you please send the me the movie frames for all three original natural movies if possible?

Thank you,
Jacob

Sent!