This is the online help for the Allen Mouse Connectivity web application.
The Allen Mouse Brain Connectivity Atlas is a high-resolution map of neural connections in the mouse brain. Built on an array of transgenic mice genetically engineered to target specific cell types, the Atlas comprises a unique compendium of projections from selected neuronal populations throughout the brain.
Projection Mapping image data detailing axonal projections labeled by viral tracers
- Specific anatomic regions throughout the brain
- Intrinsic Signal Imaging for detailed Visual Area projection mapping
- Numerous defined neuronal populations
- Stacks of two-dimensional images obtained by serial two-photon tomography
- BDA vs. AAV for direct comparison of data derived from both conventional and viral tracing methods
Transgenic Characterization data detailing transgene expression in Cre or other driver lines
- Adult and developing brain
- Colorimetric in situ hybridization
- Fluorescent in situ hybridization
- Other histological methods