LFP data of Visual Behavior - Neuropixels July 2022 and Probe Missmatch

Hi! :wave: ,
Just some quick questions…

Extracting LFP data in Visual Behavior - Neuropixels July 2022

I wanted to extract LFP data from the new dataset (Visual Behavior - Neuropixels July 2022) but I can’t find any related method.
According to the tutorial from the previous version (Visual Coding - Neuropixels October 2019), we can use .get_lfp(probe_id) but there is no such method in the brand new dataset.
_I tried to open the NWB session file with HDF view and as far as I searched, I could not find any LFP time series data
Well, is there any method to use LFP data?

Mismatch in probe data

Also, I guess there is a bug in the new dataset while extracting probe descriptions (IMGAE attached) :
output description about probes is different between cache.get_probe_table() and session.probes

Is there any white paper or a released paper about the new dataset?

thanks! :sweat_smile:

Hi Mostafa,

The first release of this data doesn’t include LFP data. LFP data will come in a release later this year, at which point the LFP columns for the session object will be populated. Sorry for the confusion there.

You’re a little ahead of the game (the data is public for testing purposes, but hasn’t been officially ‘released’ with the accompanying public announcement and documentation). There will be a technical white paper released in the next week.

Cheers,
Corbett

oh got it, thanks!
recently I saw a tweet about its official release, so are LFP data accessible now?

best,
M

Hey Mostafa,

We plan on releasing the LFP data by the end of this year. We still have some packaging and validation to do before it’s ready to go.

-Corbett