SEA-AD snRNAseq raw data file selection

I am the Scientific Project Manager for the SEA-AD Consortium. I am posting a community question received via email related to working with SEA-AD data:

I am hoping to use the SEA-AD snRNAseq dataset for a part of my PhD project. I found the snRNAseq metadata file on the AD Knowledge portal as 1 file, but the data files are around hundreds to thousands per brain region. I am wondering if you have any suggestions on which data files to download for any given brain region?

Hi there,
For a summary of the current SEA-AD data available for download, please review our data and documentation page. This will provide information on what data is available from which brain regions in how many donors.

If you are interested in the raw snRNAseq data, that is available under controlled access on Sage Bionetworks AD Knowledge Portal.

On our study page in the AD Knowledge Portal, you can select from a number of filters to narrow down your file selection. E.g., filter by Assay (e.g.: snRNAseq), Tissue (brain region), file format (e.g.: fastq or bam files depending on your analysis needs). Depending on the brain region and the number of donors available (sometimes up to 84 donors profiled), this can still be many files, as there can be multiple files per donor.