Downloading Multiple Images at Once

Hello,

I am currently interested in using images from the Allen Developing Mouse Brain Atlas into my research; however, I need to use multiple images from various times and genes. Is there a way for me to download multiple images from the same data set at a time so that I do not need to go through and individually download each image?

Thank you!

Regards,
Lindsey

Dear Lindsey,

There are multiple ways to download individual images.

1. From the high resolution image viewer: You can download an image at a time by right-clicking the wrench in the upper right corner here:

2. From the API: You can follow instructions here which would instruct you to find the section image id and paste the following URL in your browser: http://api.brain-map.org/api/v2/image_download/100929039

However, neither of those gets you a full series of images. You will need to use code to do this. Please install the latest python 3, and then you can use this code: Download all images from an imageseries from Allen Developing Mouse Brain Atlas - python 3 · GitHub

To find your dataset id, you can use the experiment number shown here:

Or, in the high resolution image viewer, you can use the part of the URL highlighted here:

Best of luck!
Carol