How do I find out if a hormone is distributed in a certain brain region?

How do I find out if a hormone is distributed in a certain brain region? Actually it’s about endogenous ouabain. As for why I can’t find it, I don’t know whether I don’t know how to find it or it is not available in this database at present.

For all of our atlases, gene names can be typed into the search box. This will search the gene names, gene symbols, and any other names for a given gene that we have in our database. If you can’t find your hormone that means that either (1) it is not a mammalian gene or (2) the gene has changed names and we don’t have the new name in our system. A quick Google search suggests that ouabain is derived from plants and therefore would not be expected in a mammalian gene database.

I need epigenetic information.

The centromedian thalamus and central amygdala should show so called ,sex dimorphic gene expression“. Where I can find them?

Please see this post for the epigenetic information discussion.

Would the Allen Institute provide me this kind of data if I would pay?

Centromedian thalamus : which genes are expressed sex dimorphic

Mediodorsal thalamus: dito

Central Amygdala : dito

Corticomedial amygdala:dito

Mostly centromedian thalamus and central Amygdala, because these two brain structures are very high of AR receptors.

Please see this post for the epigenetic information discussion. All data that is available is listed at brain-map.org, biccn.org, or the associated data archives. There is no need to pay.