Technical information regarding images (TBI project)

Hi everybody! I used API to download images from Aging, Dementia and Traumatic Brain Injury Project that were stained for amyloid beta for a image analysis paper we were writing. I wrote in the materials and methods of the manuscript the following lines regarding the image technical parameters:

The Aβ stained plaques were isolated from images of each of the three brain regions, which were downloaded through API access as high-quality images (format: jpg; compression level = 0). The images were scanned at 10x full resolution and white balanced for consistency.

This is what i was able to find on the Allen Brain Atlas technical information regarding the images. However, one of the manuscript reviewers wants additional details regarding the images:

Some additional technical specifications of these images could be provided. These could include image dimensions, resolution or any other parameters that enable a reader to duplicate the results in the future.

I don’t know how to provide image dimensions since these images were scanned and they do not have the same dimension. What can i additional write about these image regarding their technical parameters?

Hi @Zaki You are right that each image will have its own dimensions so there is no single value that describes the entire set. I can say that the resolution of the scanned images was approximately one micron per pixel. Maybe that is something you can use.

Best regards,
Wayne

Tnx for the info. Anything helps :slight_smile: