How to set median data in transcriptomics explorer in human datasets?

How to set median data in transcriptomics explorer in human datasets? Currently, only trimmed mean data are visible in the heatmap.

Hi @Christos. Sorry for the delayed response! Currently, only trimmed mean data are available for visualization at the Transcriptomics Explorer for human, while both trimmed means and medians are available for download. Including multiple strategies for summarization is on the docket for a future version of the tool. Alternatively, if you are interested in human MTG in particular, you have some additional options with our older RNA-seq Data Navigator.

Hi Jeremy,
thanks for the response. When you write “future version of the tool”, is that weeks, months, years?
Best regards,
Christos

1 Like

Hi Christos,

Tentatively, I could see this being addressed in October or November of this year. If/when we have it as a commitment on our roadmap, I’ll reach back out via this thread.

Tyler

Hi Jeremy @jeremyinseattle, for some reason, I’m no longer able to access human mtg old navigator https://celltypes.brain-map.org/rnaseq/human/mtg. Would you know if it has migrated somewhere? Thank you very much.

Hi @ainej. This site occasionally goes down for short amounts of time for Shiny updates. Try again–it works for me right now.

Thank you, Jeremy. Indeed, the old navigator is alive again. Hurray!

Hello Tyler,
is the “future version tool” for toggling between trimmed means and medians in mouse and human data for visualization on your roadmap?
Best regards,
Christos

Hi Christos,

It’s not committed on our roadmap at the moment. We’ve been focused in some other areas the last few months. I do think we will turn our attention toward enhancing the Transcriptomics Explorer in Q1/Q2 next year, but the exact timing is TBD.

Tyler